Co-operative Education gives students an opportunity to extend their learning beyond the classroom by integrating relevant work experience with academic studies.
Co-op students alternate terms of school and work in their appropriate fields of study allowing for them to gain experience and develop a better understanding of their career options.
Benefits of Co-op
- You develop a better understanding of your career plan
- You are given the opportunity to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a professional work setting
- You learn important resume and interview skills
- You gain relevant work experience
- You learn effective work habits and etiquette
- You are paid for your work
- You build contacts to assist you in finding future employment
- You get to experience in your chosen field without a long-term commitment
EWO Co-op Student of the Year Awards
See the EWO Co-op Student of the Year Awards page
EWO Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) Student of the Year Awards
See the EWO WIL Student of the Year Awards page
More About EWO News & Tips for Students