EWO Co-op Awards
EWO Co-op Student of the Year Awards
Every year EWO awards a student with the co-op student of the year award. It is awarded to one student attending a university and one student attending college, who have showcased exceptional job achievement, extra-curricular involvement, academic achievement and a strong contribution to Co-operative Education. Each winning student receives an award of $500.00.
Are you Eligible?
To be eligible for the Co-op Student of the Year award you must:
- Be nominated by an EWO member institution with the approval of the employers involved.
- An undergraduate, applied degree or diploma student registered full-time in a recognized post-secondary co-operative education program
- Complete the nominated work term within the calendar year, 2012.
How to Apply?
Visit the Nomination Information page to find out about how to apply for the EWO Co-op Student of the Year Award and to download the required documents.
Previous Co-op Student of the Year Award Recipients:
EWO Co-op Career Achievement Award
Criteria for selection:
- More than 3 years working in cooperative education
- Demonstrated commitment to the promotion of cooperative education in Ontario and/or at their institution
- Participation on one or more EWO committee (CAFCE work can be included)
- Supporting documentation from manager/dean, this can include letters of support for the nominee from colleagues, employers and students.
Kathleen Hickey, Carleton University
Danielle Delorme, University of Ottawa
Kelly Hodgson, George Brown College
Cathie Edmond, Algonquin College