EWO is the established voice of Post-Secondary Co-operative Education in Ontario.
The mission of EWO is to foster high quality Co-operative Education while ensuring an integral partnership between student, employers, post-secondary educational institutions, governments and professional associations.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- To maintain Accountability
- To continue to be supportive and sensitive to the current needs, issues and education of co-operative education stakeholders
- Promotion of ethical and professional standards for co-operative education programs in Ontario
- To commit to communicate the on the value of Co-operative Education to all stakeholders and the community
- To collect and use relevant statistics and information
- To contribute to the professional and personal growth of co-operative education students
Short-term (June 2015)
- To meet with relevant Professional Associations (i.e. HRPA) to promote the value of co-operative education
- To encourage EWO members to enter data in the CAFCE National Statistics Database
- Maintain Professional Development focus for biennial retreat
- Evaluate and enhance government-relations strategy (i.e. EWO links on government websites).
- Lobby for change to the Employment Standards Act
- Maintain and enhance Volunteer Management Program that recruits, retains and recognizes EWO volunteers
- Investigate adding honorary members to the EWO communication list
- To develop an EWO Communication Plan
- Collect and compile statistical information.
- Investigate joint conference initiatives with similar associations (i.e. CACEE – Ontario Regional)
- Investigate a Professional Certification Program for Co-op Practitioners
- Increase visits to the web site targeted to employers
- Develop a generic Employer Manual that is more detailed than the web site.
- Develop employer workshops for the biennial retreat/conference
- Apply for summer jobs funding (deadline Jan 31). If approved, hire co-op student to help EWO achieve their goals
- To continue to support CAFCE as our national organization (e.g. membership, conferences, etc.)
- Target small business who are not already hiring co-op students. Develop benefits of co-op for small business
- Develop a professional certification program for Co-op Practitioners
- Set up a media campaign, collect a list of media to target and feed stories as needed
- To promote Co-operative Education and EWO's (overall) vision and priorities through strategic relations with all levels of governments including governing and opposition parties, politicians, civil servants and government agencies