POSTING DATE: October 21, 2011 CLOSING DATE: Open until Filled
JOB OPPORTUNITY -- ADMINISTRATION
MANAGER, COOPERATIVE EDUCATION AND INTERNSHIPS
Centre for Academic Excellence – Newnham & S@Y Campuses
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Academic-Educational Excellence, the incumbent is accountable for providing leadership and effective management for work-integrated learning services across all programs. The incumbent is responsible for long term strategic planning, establishing and meeting departmental objectives and overseeing ongoing process and productivity improvement. Working closely with the Faculty of International Studies, the incumbent is responsible for increasing work/study abroad opportunities for students and for facilitating same. The incumbent provides leadership to his/her staff and others in the College by promoting cooperative education and internships as well as international opportunities, and in establishing relationships with employers, locally and internationally.
· Develops short and long term plans to promote cooperative education and internship opportunities locally and abroad, with the College to faculty, staff and students, and externally to the business, industry and government communities, as well as to alumni.
· Monitors ongoing departmental performance to ensure strategic goals of the College are met.
· Provides direction to coop coordinators in carrying out activities that support the career development of all College coop students as well as non-coop students seeking to pursue employment opportunities abroad.
· Performs Marketing and Employer Relations activities including promotions, special events, key account management and job development.
· Develops a high level of performance through effective recruiting, selection, training, coaching, motivation and evaluation of staff.
· Analyzes labour market information and determines strategies to take advantage of emerging occupational trends.
· Leads staff through an operational planning process and implements strategies and actions to ensure that College and departmental goals are met.
· Integrates new technologies into planning and curriculum.
· Develops strategies to build, maintain and enhance relationships with employers and organizations to ensure the visibility of the College and the department.
· Assess and present strategies for generating revenue and maximizing the benefits of business and industry relationships.
· Manages annual Coop Student of the Year and Coop Mentor of the Year awards.
· Ensures the accuracy of the Coop web pages.
· Participates as an active member of the Heads of Coop Committee, CAFCE and EWO.
The successful candidate will have:
· Three year diploma/degree in a relevant field e.g. Human Resources, Marketing Business, from a recognized post secondary educational institution.
· Seven years experience in the area of cooperative education or career services in a post secondary environment.
· Experience in sales/marketing is essential.
· Membership in Provincial, National and World associations related to Cooperative Educational including, Education at Work Ontario, Canadian Association for Cooperative Education, World Association for Cooperative Education, Cooperative Education and Internship Association is highly desirable.
· Certification in Alternative Dispute Resolution as well as completion of career counselling courses are assets.
· Knowledge of the programs and services offered within a post secondary environment and the Canadian labour market.
· In-depth knowledge of student registration/records systems to manage coop student records.
· Demonstrated computer skills including word processing and the understanding of relational databases for the development of centralized systems.
· Excellent networking skills to develop/maintain employer relationships.
· Strong planning and organizational skills, excellent communication skills (verbal and written), interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills.
· A commitment to diversity and equity to interact effectively with the College’s diverse student and staff population.
· A valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle are required for travel between campuses.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Seneca College is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, especially aboriginal persons, francophones, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women. Please send your covering letter and resume as one document, quoting COMPETITION NUMBER 11A-1032 , to Staffing Specialist, Human Resources. EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in these positions, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.